With today’s busy life, the increasing demand for food preservation makes the vacuum sealer more and more popular. So, how to use vacuum sealer machines in the most convenient and effective way? The following article will provide essential information for you.
Table of Contents
What Is A Vacuum Sealer?
A vacuum sealer is the equipment used in vacuum packaging methods. This machine works to remove water vapor and air from plastic bags.
The use of vacuum sealers is to prevent outside harmful agents and to separate food from the environment to ensure that the food is always fresh. As a result, the food can be kept for longer than with conventional methods.
Benefits Of A Vacuum Sealer
The outstanding advantage of a vacuum sealer is to help preserve food longer but retain the colors and essential nutrients and and keep food from spoiling by bacteria in the air.
As you know, in a typical environment, oxygen will oxidize with the organic matter in foods and cause them to decompose and quickly spoil.
In particular, a variety of food products such as meat, fresh fish, seafood, and vegetables (strawberries, tomatoes) can only stay fresh for 1 – 3 days with conventional storage methods. However, when vacuumed, they can last for about two weeks and still be fresh.
Therefore, using a food vacuum machine will be an effective solution to help you preserve food better without harmful preservatives to health.
How To Use Vacuum Sealer?
As you know, the use of vacuum is to preserve food from the impact of the environment. However, if the user is not careful when using, the device will be damaged.
The following are steps to use the mini family vacuum sealer machine properly.
Step 1: Start the device
- Connect the device to a stable power source and then press the power button, so the vacuum machine is ready to operate.
- When the signal light is on, the display will indicate that the device is ready to seal your foods.
Step 2: Adjust the speed, vacuum time
- Depending on the type of product, you adjust the speed and time of the vacuum as desired.
- When you want to customize the above parameters, you need to press the “vacuum level” button.
On the contrary, if you do not want to change the speed, you can press the button to let the sealer work as usual.
- The machine usually has two levels of vacuum (high and low levels). Typically, the machine automatically defaults to a high vacuum level.
Therefore, you should customize at a low level when vacuuming soft and perishable foods such as vegetables, fruits, cakes… And with the common foods such as meat, sausages…,you can leave it at high speed.
- Press the “-” or “+” button to adjust the sealing time. The device allows adjusting the welding time within 0 – 9 seconds. Users need to base on each type of bag size to adjust accordingly.
Step 3: Perform the vacuum process and seal the mouth of the bag
- Put the food to be vacuumed into the container.
- Put the mouth of the bag in the right position of the welding rod to vacuum.
- Close the safety latch.
- Press the button to let the device work.
- After welding, the machine will emit a signal, and you can open the safety latch.
Step 4: Finish the process
- When you want to pause the vacuum cycle, you only need to press the “cancel” button to finish. Check if the food bag has been completely vacuumed and then put it in the refrigerator.
Notes When Using The Vacuum Sealer
- Only use specialized bags and accessories for vacuuming.
- Do not leave the device on a wet or overheated surface to avoid damaging the vacuum machine.
- To prevent electric shock or fire, you need to turn off the power after use.
- To limit the problem of plastic puncture when using with foods like bone, fish, jackfruit… please put a layer of paper inside the bag.
- For liquid foods, it is necessary to freeze in the tray or bowl before vacuuming.
- Make sure fruits and vegetables are still crispy and fresh before vacuuming.
- Do not reuse bags previously filled with greasy foods or seafood.
Above is the information that users need to know about how to use vacuum sealer machines. Currently, on the market, there are many types of good quality vacuum machines from many countries around the world such as Japan, China, Korea, etc. Thus, you can buy for your family the most suitable type of vacuum sealer machine.
- Best Vacuum Sealer Of 2021 Under $50, $100, $200, $300
- Best Food Processor Of 2021 Under $50, $100, $200, $300, $500