Why do I need an electric meat grinder for your personal use? There are plenty of benefits for having your own best electric meat grinder. Ground meat at butcheries or at factories is done in hefty amounts for commercial uses, which makes it impossible by all means to give all this quantity the same amount of attention and carefulness you would give when grinding your own, relatively small amount of meat at home. When you grind meat at home, it is more feasible for you to store it firsthand and grind just as much meat as your day use, protecting it from any germs or microbes that might affect it, which is not the case at factories and butcheries. Not only grinding your meat is healthier, it is a no brainer that it also allows you to save money, as ground meat is more costly than full pieces. With time you will have been able to save more than the price of your electric meat grinder!
When intending to buy the best electric meat grinder, you look for one that is durable, practical, and would give you the results you’re looking for. Undoubtedly, it would help you a lot to hear some feedback on some of the grinders available for you to buy before you buy it. Therefore, we present to you our top ten electric meat grinder reviews so you can make the right choice.
Table of Contents
- What To Consider Before Buying Meat Grinders
- How Do I Make The Right Choice When Buying A Meat Grinder?
- Types of meat grinders
- How To Choose Best Electric Meat Grinder
- Best Electric Meat Grinder Reviews 2020
- Best Electric Meat Grinder Under $100
- Best Electric Meat Grinder Under $200
- Best Electric Meat Grinder Under $500
- 5 – LEM Products W777A #5 LEM Stainless Steel .25HP Big Bite Grinder
- 6 – LEM Products W779A Stainless Steel Big-Bite Electric #8 Meat Grinder (.35-HP)
- 7 – LEM Products W780A Stainless Steel Big-Bite Electric #12-Meat Grinder
- 8 – Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinders ( Unavailable )
- 9 – Weston No.12 Commercial Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer, 3/4-HP ( unavailable )
- Should I Go For a Manual Or An Electrical Meat Grinder?
What To Consider Before Buying Meat Grinders
1. Before going out and getting one, there are some things to consider in order to attain the best value for your money. One thing a shopper has to seriously think about and it proves to be the most important one. What use is the machine intended for? Is it for home use; for use in a restaurant or café or is it going to do some heavy lifting i.e. industrial. Also to consider is the cost or budget you have. This is shown in the wide array of products that especially fit home use; with hand-crawled grinder going for as low as 20 dollars and up to 3000 dollars for the heavy duty ones. Therefore get your numbers right
2. Also, it is important to look at the experience of whoever is handling the machine is necessary especially those individuals dealing with machines that perform more laborious work. Many accidents can be avoided by knowing your needs and staff knowledge of the machine they are dealing with. This means that also kids can join in the fun art of meat grinding but only if supervised by a responsible adult
3. Another point to consider is whether you want the manual or the electric meat grinding machine. Manual ones are especially suited for the cent savvy shopper. They are also suited for the rural parts of a country which might not have reliable source of power. One the other hand these manual grinders might perform at a slight disadvantage when compared to their male counterparts who nowadays come with pastry making and sausage filling capabilities and such. Not disputing the fact that all meat grinders save on time, the electronic grinders do so at a faster rate providing really satisfying results
4. Reliable machines will not let you down at that crucial moment when you want to create fresh stuffing to go into that turkey or chicken if you prefer. In this regard most people tend to opt for the old school stars which are the manual meat grinders. They also tend to be more durable and tamper free especially with the little ones around. Heavy steal parts prevent excessive amounts of damage as opposed to the newer electric models of the grinders which prove to be vulnerable in situations such as falling on a concrete floor.
5. Availability of spare parts especially in the industrial sector is very important with the machines costing thousands of dollars per unit. Some machines can only be fitted with specially manufactured spares which can only be made by a specific company only. Otherwise one would have to go through pain streaking processes just to acquire the same product part. Think of importing a part from another country when you have a delivery diary of waiting customers who also have orders from waiting customers. Hectic right?
6. While there is not much to cry about in the industrial sector, home and small establishments may want to opt for a more conscience solution i.e. going green thus plunge into the energy saving manual varieties. This also causes a ripple effect in that it lowers operation costs to the users.
7. Another critical point that many people choose to overlook when purchasing a meat grinder is who the manufacturer is. It is a well known business one on one that no product manufacturer will admit to having a substandard product, most of their customers tend to overlook this thinking all products are one and the same. Go for a brand that you know will produce or output your expected results as played out in your head. This is especially vital for the electric meat grinders and also for industrial sized ones.
How Do I Make The Right Choice When Buying A Meat Grinder?
Home usage of the meat grinder is very different from that of a butcher for example. When buying your meat grinder for home, you need to look for an efficient appliance with good options, durability, and a reasonable price, but you probably won’t be using it daily, and you won’t be grinding more than 2 kilograms (about 4.4 lbs) each time, at most. Therefore, you do not need to invest in an expensive, heavy grinder that you will not make the best use of. You should also buy a grinder that is not big nor heavy, one that you can easily store wherever there is space available in your kitchen, keeping it handy to use whenever you need it. However, if you know that you will end up grinding bigger amounts, you can upgrade your choice to a stronger grinder. Just make sure you read the specifications of the machine you’re intending to purchase beforehand, there are many options and different calibers that you can choose from.
Types of meat grinders
Meat grinders go a long way in giving one freedom of whatever goes into your meats. One might want to experiment with different recipes for burgers or to add some extra fat into meats. Whatever your reason, grinding your own meats will definitely give you abundant satisfaction.
There are basically two types of meat grinders :
1. Manual meat grinders
They are handled by hand and operated when a crank shaft is turned around in a circular motion. Meat is put into the funnel where a spiral or screw knife first starts to chop and mix the meat while also pushing it towards the other end and through a sort of strainer that brings out the final, ground product.
They are found through-out the world. They are cheap (from as low as 19$) and really easy to use. They are also very to clean and offer longer service to the owners because of the durable material that goes into building them. They also save on power costs as no electricity is required. This also means that they can be used as back-ups when there are power shortages and black outs that may hinder smooth running of an establishment. Manual meat grinders are also relatively small are therefore storage is not a big affair. A small cabinet is all you need especially if you live in a tiny apartment.
The biggest con is that you have to use your muscle to grind the meat. You also have to simultaneously feed the meat into it while doing so. Some machines have to be clamped onto a workspace before the grinding can begin. This might pose a challenge especially when one is dealing with kitchen tops that offer no available edge to clamp the grinder. Manual grinders can sometimes cause delays and meat has to be feed immediately after removing the freezers.
2. Electric meat grinders
This type of meat grinder is principally run by electricity.
They are faster and can process a large amount of meat in minimal time. They also keep the meat fresher as they are fast. This results I safer meat handling and hygienic standards. They are also easier to set up as compared to manually operated ones which require assemblage procedures like adjusting and fixing the clamp.
They are expensive. This is because you are paying for a faster, cleaner, more efficient processor.
How To Choose Best Electric Meat Grinder
An electrical meat grinder is a must have equipment for all people who plan to do meat processing. It helps you to grind meat at your convenience. If you purchase a credible meat grinder, you will enjoy large meat processing and long-term use. A great electrical grinder should be power efficient, easy to operate, produce low or no noise during use and above all, it should be affordable.
Are you in the hassle of searching for the best meat grinder? Then this post is meant for you. Proceed to read and you will get to know all the things that you have to consider before making a purchasing. We hope that this buying guide will act as a source of reference before making your final decision.
The motor is the sole source of power for an electrical meat grinder; it determines the powerfulness of the machine. It also determines that amount of meat your can grind in one hour. Generally Meat grinders with more powerful motors are perfect for meat processing. However, a machine with a relatively low motor power may be ideal for normal kitchen uses.
Some electrical meat grinders are very large and heavy while other are small and lightweight. A lightweight and small size machine is very useful for home use since you can easily carry it to the kitchen. If you are in the meat processing industry where you grind a lot of meat, you may require a huge and heavy duty grinder because you are not required to move it every time.
An electrical meat grinder with a stainless steel body is more durable as compared to one with a steel body. A machine with steel body is also prone to rust. When making a decision, choose a stainless steel body. Also, make sure that the include accessories like the knife and cutting plates are made of stainless steel.
An efficient power grinder is ideal for home use because you will be able to perform your meat processing without disturbing the other electrical appliances.
Ease of Operation
A best electrical grinder should be easy to operate. Some grinders come with 1, 2 and 3 buttons. People have different perceptions of the operation. While some people feel it is easy to operate a one-button grinder other like the three-button grinder. Choose an electrical grinder that will not confuse during meat processing.
It is very good to choose an electrical meat grinder that is affordable according to your budget. Some people think that expensive machines are usually the best. However, there are some cheap grinders that perform perfectly. But the cost should not be the only factor to consider because a cheap electrical grinder may not be long lasting.
Consider the warranty offered by the manufacturer. If a grinder has a manufacturer’s warranty, you will benefit from free replace or repair if something happens. An electrical grinder that lacks manufacturer’s warranty may lead to a total loss if it breaks down.
Best Electric Meat Grinder Reviews 2020
|Sunmile SM-G31 ETL||19.3 x 10.4 x 8.4 inches||7.9 pounds||800 W||150 lbs||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|Gourmia GMG525||11.6 x 9.9 x 9.7 inches||8.4 pounds||1000 watts||--||4.4 out of 5 stars|
|Gourmia GMG7500||10.5 x 19 x 8.5 inches||13.7 pounds||2200 W||150 lbs||4.7 out of 5 stars|
|INTERNATIONAL STX-3000-MF||16.5 x 6.5 x 14.5 inches||12 pounds||3000 W||175 to 225 Lbs||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|LEM Products 1158||9-7/8" x 7-1/2" x 2"||16.5 pounds||1000 W||--||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|LEM Products W777A||17.1 x 15.4 x 13.8 inches||32 pounds||180 watts||--||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|LEM Products W779A||17.5 x 15.5 x 16 inches||36 pounds||250 watts||--||4.7 out of 5 stars|
|Weston No. 22||18.9 x 13 x 20.5 inches||42.2 pounds||350 watts||540 lbs||4.6 out of 5 stars|
|LEM Products W780A||18.8 x 15.5 x 17.5 inches||47.5 pounds||550 watts||--||4.7 out of 5 stars|
|Weston No. 12||8 x 20 x 15.5 inches||42 pounds||550 watts||540 lbs||4.6 out of 5 stars|
Best Electric Meat Grinder Under $100
1 – Sunmile SMG31 ETL Electric Meat Grinder Mincer 1HP 800W
Do you want to diversify your family’s diet? The Sunmile SM-G31 ETL Electric Meat Grinder will come in handy in this case. This meat grinder allows you to prepare professional sausages at home with ease. It comes with 3 different sausages attachments and plastic pusher allowing you to prepare café-quality delicacies. You can even use this meat grinder to process meat for meat loafs, burgers and more. A healthy diet starts with this machine. Save time and money by grinding large volumes meat for later use. It features a 250 watts rated power and 8000 watts maximum locked power motor. The motor delivers enough power to grind about 150 lbs of meat per hour.
Using this meat grinder is simple. It features On-off Switch to let you grind without guessing. Novice users will also find this unit simple to use without any further guidance. The attachments of this unit including the tube, cutting plates and blade are detachable for fast and effortless cleaning. It’s ETL Certified for quality meat grinding and safe operation.
This meat grinder occupies small space on the counter due to its small footprint. It weighs only 7.9 lbs for simple shifting around the kitchen. You can also move it and grind meat from another room at your convenience.
- Aluminum and stainless steel components prolong the unit’s life
- Comes with 3 different sausage attachments for professional sausages
- Features an ON/OFF switch for easy operation
- It has a small footprint and lightweight design
- Cleanup isn’t easy since the parts aren’t dishwasher safe
- The components might discolor when washed using some cleaning agents
2 – Gourmia GMG525 Meat Grinder with 3 Stainless Steel Grinding Plates
A healthy lifestyle starts with the Gourmia GMG525 Meat Grinder. This best meat grinder under $100 offers you more than just meat grinding. You can use it for sausages, meatball, meatloaf and even burgers. It comes with kibbeh attachment and sausage funnels for these foods. The three cutting plates are meant for personalized meat cutting when preparing different foods. So you are sure to entice the family with a variety of delicious foods.
This unit features an 500 watts motor that offers enough power to grind tough meat. The meat gears and stainless steel blade make the grinding process a breeze. Extra strong construction is aimed at offering you many years of grinding.
Using this affordable meat grinder is simple making it ideal for experienced and first time users. It has a 3-way switch for all operations. The switch allows for on, off and reverse functions. Simply feed your meat into the system and press a button for the grinding to proceed.
- Powerful motor of 500 watts
- Simple to assemble and clean
- Comes with a verity of attachments for sausages
- Easy to operate with 3-way safety switch
- The kibbeh and sausages are plastic
The Gourmia GMG7500 Prime Plus Meat Grinder is designed with performance in mind. It comes with excellent features that make your grinding meaningful. 3 different cutting plates allow for coarse, normal and fine grinding. You can grind meat for sausages, stew and other purposes including dog food. 3 stuffing tubes, small, medium and large can make all kinds of sausages. These attachments ensure you maximize the ability of the grinder.
You can use this meat grinder for homegrown and bush meat. This is ensured by the metal gears and stainless steel blade. Unlike plastic gears that break easily, the metallic gears will last for years.
It has 4 functional buttons for quality grinding. The buttons include on, reverse, half, and stop & reset. The reverse function reverses the grinding direction of the motor. The half function allows for half speed. The stop & reset function turns off the machine.
Other features of this meat grinder under $200 include a copper motor 800 watts, kibbeh attachment, and a quick guide for easy cleaning.
- ETL approved for quality grinding
- Metal gears for grinding tough meat
- 3 stuffing tubes for all kinds of sausages
- Polished outer finish for durability
- The removable parts are not dishwasher safe
- Only the plates and knife are stainless steel
Best Electric Meat Grinder Under $200
4 – The Heavy-Duty STX Megaforce Classic 3000 Series Air Cooled Electric Meat Grinder Sausage Stuffer – I Highly Recommended
The STX Megaforce Classic 3000 Series of locked motor wattage, 3-speeds and a circuit breaker for safe grinding. It comes with a polished cast aluminum grinding head for durability. Unlike smaller grinders of sizes 5 and 8, this unit is a size 12 grinder. The auger has AVI Technology which combines with a 2-1/8 inch hopper to grind large portion sizes of meat.
It has 3 stainless steel cutting blades. The cutting blades are high-quality and can be hand washed. If you are unsure, the included manual guides you on how to clean the Turboforce attachments.
With the 3 hardened steel grinding plates, you can grind meat for preparing various foods. The wagon wheel is for coarse grinding. A medium plate with 1.25-inch holes is for medium or second grinds. The small plate with 5/32-inch holes is for fine grinds.
- Comes with beaner plate for fast sausage stuffing
- Larger grinding head of size 12
- AVI Technology auger allows grinding large portions of meat.
- Powerful 3000watts motor for excellent meat grinding
- The parts of this meat grinder are not dishwasher safe.
- It’s no suitable for grinding bones.
Best Electric Meat Grinder Under $500
5 – LEM Products W777A #5 LEM Stainless Steel .25HP Big Bite Grinder
If you want a compact and powerful grinder, the LEM Products W777A .25 HP Grinder might be a good choice. This grinder is great for small grinding projects at home. A large, deep meat pan holds a generous amount of meat when processing. It has powerful induction motor featuring a start and run capacitor. The motor is permanently lubricated for continuous, predictable meat grinding. A built-in circuit breaker ensures safety when the machine is in operation.
The LEM Products W777A will improve your performance in the kitchen due to its quality. It comes with standard accessories that enhance meat processing. All meat gears and stainless steel motor housing increase the longevity of the machine. The meat grinder comes with a heavy duty handle, so you can move it with ease. It comes with meat stomper, stainless steel knife, stainless steel stuffing plates and three stuffing tubes.
- Compact making it great for small kitchens
- Stainless steel motor housing for durability
- Metallic gears allows you to grind kitchen bones and dog food
- Large meat pan holds generous amount of meat
- Not ideal for large meat grinding projects
- Lacks multiple speeds
6 – LEM Products W779A Stainless Steel Big-Bite Electric #8 Meat Grinder (.35-HP)
The LEM Products W779A is one of the best electric meat grinders under $400. It has a fast grinding speed to save your time. You can grind up to 7 pounds of meat per minute. A big bite technology enables the auger to take a large bite to meat. The auger then moves the meat into the head quicker than other comparable grinders. You will appreciate how this grinder grinds larger cuts of meat faster without clogging up the unit.
Despite its functionality, this meat grinder weighs only 36 pounds. All the components are durable to offer you years of quality brewing. It has metallic gears that can grind game meat and other tough meats. This machine is ETL Certified to UL Standards.
It includes 1 meat stomper, 1 stainless steel stuffing plate, 3 stuffing tubes, 1 stainless steel knife and 2 stainless steel plates (coarse, fine).
- Fast grinding speed of up to 7 pounds of meat per minute
- All metal gears with roller bearings
- Heavy-duty handle for easy moving
- Built-in circuit breaker for safety
- It is very large for small kitchens
- Not perfect if you have a limited budget
7 – LEM Products W780A Stainless Steel Big-Bite Electric #12-Meat Grinder
If you want a machine for commercial grinding, the LEM Products W780A Meat Grinder is a perfect choice. It has an 110v, 550 watts motor which is permanently lubricated. With this grinder, you can grind about 11 pounds of meat per minute. It weighs only 47 pounds, so it is not a Momma’s grinder. The magic of this grinding speed is ensured by the Big Bite Technology. This grinder is highly durable due to all stainless steel motor housing. All metallic gears with rollers also enhance the durability of the machine.
Forget the grinders that clog up in every brewing; this machine doesn’t clog even when it bites large meat cuts. You can use to process soup meat and stew meat thanks to the included grinding plates. The grinding plates include 3/8-inch stainless steel coarse and 3/16-inch fine grinding plates.
- Powerful motor of 550watts
- Fast grinding powered by Big Bite Technology
- Stainless steel motor housing for durability
- ETL certified for quality meat grinding
- It produces noise when in operation
- It’s heavy, but great quality
Process your game meat, deer and other meats with the Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinders. This versatile electric grinder allows you to process meat for making sausage, burgers, meat loafs and more. It doubles as a sausage stuffer. You can use it to make professional sausages at home with ease. It has a compact design for simple storage.
A powerful 750-watt motor makes the grinder perfect for grinding both domestic meat and wild meat. It has a No. 22 grinder that allows you to grinder 9 to 12 pounds of meat per minute. This powerful motor is permanently lubricated and air-cooled for performance. It’s equipped with a circuit breaker for safe grinding.
It has a large stainless steel hopper and all metal gear for optimal grinding performance. Includes set of 3 sausage stuffing funnels; 40mm, 30mm, and 20mm. The non-slip, rubber feet offer the grinder great stability. The unit disassembles for simple cleaning.
- Permanently lubricated, air-cooled motor
- Sturdy handle for simple moving
- Non-slip rubber feet enhances stability
- The unit disassembles for quick and simple clean-up
- It lacks a reverse switch.
- Not good for bones
Butchers, hunters, and homemakers can improve meat processing using this commercial meat grinder. The Weston No. 12 Commercial Meat Grinder is meant for those who want to brew a large amount of meat within no time. It can grind up to 540 pounds of meat in an hour. You will enjoy making a variety of summer sausages and Italian sausages with the included 40mm, 30mm, 20mm and 10mm sausage making funnels. The long heavy-duty kit makes sausage stuffing easy. So you can make multiple snacks at home.
It allows you to grind soft bones for preparing pet food with ease. A stainless steel outer housing makes this machine simple to clean. The included attachments are also simple to wash. The metallic gears are oiled for smooth, quiet grinding and a lifetime use. The motor is permanent lubricated, and air cooled to minimize noise and enhance performance.
- Can grind soft bones without breaking
- Heavy-duty tube kit makes sausage stuffing easy
- Stainless steel housing for easy clean-up
- Oiled metal gears for smooth, quiet operation
- Occupies large space on countertop
- Only great for large grinding projects or commercial use
Should I Go For a Manual Or An Electrical Meat Grinder?
If your contemplation is a story of choosing a manual meat grinder or an electrical one, you should think about the costs and benefits of each. A manual meat grinder is, first of all, considerably cheaper than an electrical grinder, which is logical. It also saves up on power consumption as you use your own hands to operate it. Manual meat grinders also usually come in smaller sizes than their electrical equivalents, which makes it easier for you to place it wherever you have space and to store it more easily. However, most people nowadays go for electrical grinders for good reasons. Manual grinders require a lot of muscular effort, take up more time, and is less convenient on many levels. A manual grinder needs you to set it up, put all the pieces together and detach them again for storing. You would also be stuffing the meat with your own bare hands into the grinder, makes it less hygienic and sterilized on both, the meat you are grinding and your hands. Manual grinders are much slower, too, which means you should either ground smaller quantities and put in the fridge firsthand, which takes even more time and effort, or risk the possibility of the ground meat to rot or be exposed to ambient conditions of weather, microbes, and other risks. At the end of the day, each has its own pros and cons, and the choice is yours. So let us help you by giving you some information that may help you make the right choice.
If you have never grinded your own meat before and don’t think you’ll be using it that often, then save some money and get a manual meat grinder.
Kitchen Basics 3-In-1 Meat Grinder and Vegetable Grinder/Mincer, 3 Size Sausage Stuffer, Pasta Maker
This is not only a meat grinder, but it also allows you to grind a variety of many different types of food; it grinds vegetables, beans and garlic, onion, and even nuts. You can also use it to grind your blends of baby food for your infant or toddler to chew and swallow easily. You can use it to make sausage as well as it includes three different sausage funnels in three different sizes. Not only that, you can also use this grinder to make your own delicious homemade pasta, as it can produce two pastas: spaghetti, and rigatoni. All you have to do is insert the pasta dough and turn the crank handle around to watch your favorite type of pasta coming out of the other end. It is also very easy to clean and can be put in the dishwasher, after dissembling.
If you choose to go for this grinder, though, make sure to keep it at light use. It cannot endure heavy duty grinding or big chunks of meat, as it is not recommended to use it to grind more than 2 lbs (less than 1 kilogram) at a time. So it is recommended for home use, but definitely not for commercial use at supermarkets or butcher shops.
- Best Electric Meat Grinders Under $100
- Best Electric Meat Grinders Under $200
- Best Electric Meat Grinders Under $300