A meat grinder is a device used for chopping and cutting meat. Unlike other appliances in the kitchen, meat grinders can actually be used for a lot of things such as chopping, cutting meat, vegetables and fish and even fruits. Also they can be used for grinding to get a perfect and delicious meal. With the correct blades and plates, the user can also use this grinder for sausage filling. For proper usage of grinders, ensure that you use pushing plates to correctly grind your meat. This will prevent you from any accidents if you do not use the grinder correctly. These meat grinders are basically divided into two namely manual and electric meat grinder. Manual grinders are affordable compared to electric meat grinders. They are also simple and easy to use and are made of quality steel. These machines are appropriate for individuals who plan to use the meat grinder very often. Below are some of the key points on how to use a meat grinder to stuff sausage.
How To Use a Meat Grinder To Stuff Sausage
- Start by purchasing the correct amount of meat you want from a local butcher to use in grinding your own sausage. Use sharp knife to remove meat from the bone and unwanted fat from the meat. Slice or chop up the meat that will be used into the meat grinder.
- Grind every piece of meat appropriately using the grinding plate for each type of sausage you are making. Grinding plates that have smaller holes always makes finer ground meat as those with larger holes make coarse grind.
- Soak your casing in the bowl of cold water and allow it to case for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, you will then change the water and then soak it for another 30 minutes.
- Measure the seasonings depending to the recipe of the sausage you are using.
- Mix the seasonings with your ground meat using a meat mixer in a big bowl
- Before you staff your sausage into the casings, you can cook little seasoned sausage in small frying pan to test your flavor. You can adjust your seasoning if necessary and repeat the process until it is seasoned to taste.
- Your seasoned meat is now ready for stuffing into casing with the use of sausage stuffer. Using a soaked paper towel in a vegetable oil, coat a stuffer tube using oil
- Close the end of the casing using a metal clip and prick the end of a casing for trapped air to escape
- After all these, your sausages will be ready and fine for smoking using the meat smoker if needed
Meat grinder are small devices used to cut and grind meat for a delicious cook. These devices are simple and easy to use. How to use a meat grinder to stuff sausage is very simple. The user will only follow the above given instructions and you will be done with the process. Meat grinders are grouped into two types; that is manual and electric meat grinder. Most individuals prefer electric because they are effective and efficient. They are also faster compared to manual meat grinder. The good thing about manual grinders is that they are affordable and cost effective.